Hashish is known as the most potent form of cannabis. It is a cannabis extract where the trichomes are separated from the hashish cannabis buds. The trichomes are mostly present during harvest. Hash making techniques will separate these resinous glands using a very fine screen. Once trichomes have been separated from the cannabis buds they are collected and pressed to make hash or hashish.
Hash is made from pure cannabis trichomes which means it is very potent. Hash is therefore even more potent than regular concentrates and extracts. Hashish cannabis products are more potent and stronger than smoking cannabis or even dabbing extracts and cannabis saps. You can also expect faster effects of the cannabinoid compounds in hash.
There are a variety of ways to create hash; from using fine screens to simple items that are readily found at home like stockings or cardboard. The techniques mentioned here are very easy ways to make hash. With these materials, you can make your own hash to be used for recreation as well as therapeutic use.
Possibly one of the easiest ways to make hash is by using your fingers. The finger hash technique is simply using your fingers to get hash from the buds. Simply rub the hash off the buds to your fingers; since hash is very sticky it will naturally stick to your fingers with just a few rubs.
After a few rubs, you will get finger hash that will be enough to smoke. Basically, you will be able to test the potency of hash when the plant is still growing or is still rooted to the ground or soil.
The finger hash technique can be done by anyone, even inexperienced hash makers. There is no equipment needed to make finger hash. You only need to determine the best time to harvest finger hash. The best time to make finger hash is when the buds are ready for harvest. You can actually see this by using a magnifying glass or a jeweler’s loupe to check for harvest indicators.
You will need:
- Cannabis plant
- Latex gloves
- Scissors or a knife
- First put on your latex gloves to prevent the sticky resin from getting stuck to your hands.
- Rub the buds between your fingers. Do this for a few minutes.
- A dark coating on your hands will form. This is hash and at this form, it is ready to be smoked or dabbed.
- Use your knife or scissors to scrape the hash from your gloves to a container.
- Once you have a large amount of hash, press it and shape it into small balls or eggs.
You know the material that accumulates in your grinder when you grind your weed? You can basically use this to create kief hash. You can collect dried kief and other loose ground cannabis, press these and make hard hash.
You will need:
- Kief, loose ground cannabis
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin or cup
- Cut a piece of cardboard which should be equal to the size of the block of hash that you want to make.
- Wrap your cardboard entirely with the plastic wrap. Fold one end over and press it flat. This should be similar to a handbag.
- Cut the other end above the piece of cardboard and pull this out. This will secure the kief that will be placed inside this kief bag.
- Now fill this bag with kief or enough kief to make the shape you want. Fold the bag closed.
- Wrap this bag in a few layers of wet newspaper.
- Place this on the skillet and heat it in the lowest heat setting. Flip your bag frequently and keep the newspaper wet.
- Place this on a hard, flat surface like a table or a countertop. Take a rolling pin and roll the bag as hard as you can. Flip the bag a few times and roll it hard.
- Remove the newspaper and plastic to reveal the hard brick hash.
Shoe hash is basically an easy and ingenious way to make hash. You can use this technique to create hash out of a small amount of kief or a large amount of dried cannabis.
You will need:
- A plastic baggie
- Running or walking shoe
- Cut and shape the baggie according to a shape that will fit your shoe.
- Fill this with kief.
- Add a drop of water per 0.5g of kief. If you have less than 0.5g, add only a drop of water.
- Mix the water and hash.
- Seal the baggie as close as you can relative to the kief inside.
- Microwave this bag for about 20 seconds or heat it for at least 7 seconds. If you don’t want to microwave then you can simply dry your buds and plant parts before placing these inside the baggie.
- Place the bag inside your shoe and walk at least half a mile.
- After walking, open the bag and harvest your hash.
ISO hash is making hashish using isopropyl alcohol. This extracts the trichomes and resin from fresh marijuana. After processing, you can press hashish depending on the size and shape you want.
You will need:
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Baking dish made of glass
- Baking soda
- Coffee filters
- Razor blade
- Mix marijuana in a jar with isopropyl alcohol. There should be an inch more of alcohol than marijuana.
- Cover the jar and shake, shake the jar at least once every five minutes for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain the marijuana and alcohol. Then dispose of the plant material.
- Place the liquid in a baking dish. The leftover liquid is thick, green and black. Let this sit inside the jar overnight to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- The liquid will turn hard and this is the time to scrape it off the dish.
- Place baking soda in a dish and then put the hash that you have scraped off here as well.
- Just like flour and dough, use baking soda to shape the hash. With the baking soda, you will be able to shape the hash according to the shape you desire.