There are tons of ways on how to consume marijuana. Some of them can be either smoked, through edibles, and oils. In this article, we’ll talk about a new product on how to consume cannabis, and that is by making cannabis coconut oil. Cannabis coconut oil is one good way to consume cannabis. That’s why it is important for cannabis enthusiasts to know how to make cannabis coconut oil.
It’s very versatile cannabis that can be incorporated in a lot of cannabis by-products, from edibles, oils, or you can even smoke it. One great thing about making cannabis coconut oil is you can easily pick and choose different marijuana strains of your liking. This means you can rightfully choose strains that can either get you overpowering and euphoric high, or make one that can alleviate different types of conditions when picking medical marijuana strains, or you can combine both.
Before we start digging in on how to make cannabis coconut oil, it is important to know first what is a cannabis coconut oil.
What is Cannabis Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is often called the superfood of Cannabis that can greatly affect your health and well-being positively. Cannabis coconut oil has an extremely high saturated fat content that makes binding with cannabinoids efficient. These high concentrations of fatty acids make a good binding agent for cannabinoids.
Unlike Olive oil, which only contains about 20% of fatty acid, coconut oil contains around 80% of saturated fats. Making it an ideal choice for retaining cannabinoid compounds through infusions, thus making it more efficient compared to olive oil. Some experts believe that it is the perfect medium for infusing cannabis oils.
What are the Benefits of Using Cannabis Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil has tons of beneficial acids to show for. Time and time again, the use of coconut oil has a positive impact on the user’s health and wellness. One good acid from coconut oil is the Lauric acid. Lauric acid acts as a monoglyceride when digested in the body that has antimicrobial properties.
Some of these fatty acids are found abundantly in Coconut oil. Making it a better choice rather than choosing olive, canola, or which type of oil, plus it binds with cannabinoids efficiently.
Another great benefit of using coconut oil is it turns solid under room temperature, which makes it an ideal product when used topically. When hardened, you can also make gelatin capsules with it, another highly-efficient method when consuming cannabis
How to Make Cannabis Coconut Oil?
Aside from buying cannabis coconut oil from different marijuana stores, making cannabis coconut oil can also be done in the comforts of your own home. it’s quite easy and simple to do, it only requires a few instructions and materials when making one. Below are some of the general steps on how to make cannabis coconut oil.
- One cup of grounded cannabis flowers
- One cup of coconut oil
- Cheesecloth or strainer
- Sauce-pan, double-boiler, or slow cooker
- Grind your cannabis flowers, it all depends on your preference. You can grind the entire flower, parts of it, or a little bit of both. When grinding your cannabis flowers, make sure not to over grind it and turn into a powdery state, keep in mind that every bit of ground can go through a strainer. Remember that the strained material is your finished product and not the material that went through the strainer.
- Depending on what you will use, combine your freshly-grinded cannabis flowers and mix it with your one cup of coconut oil, you can either use slow-cooker, saucepan, or double boiler.
- Slowly cook the mixture for about 4 to 6 hours depending on your liking. The main point of cooking is to slow-cook until the mixture slowly decarboxylates inside the pan without burning the entire mixture. It may take around 4 to 8 hours when cooking the mixture onto a slow-cooker or double boiler, when cooked under the saucepan it may take roughly around 2 to 3 hours. Stir occasionally now and then. Stir at a slow pace. It is also important to remember that whichever cooking style you choose, the temperature of the oil should not exceed 245°F.
- When you are done cooking, let the mixture run through a cheesecloth or strainer and store the sifted oil onto a clean jar and let it rest. And you are done! Quite easy and simple to do, right?
How to Use Cannabis Coconut oil?
Once you are done cooking and storing it in a secure and clean place. You can use cannabis coconut oil in a lot of ways.
- You can infuse your freshly-made coconut oil with aloe or beeswax to consume it topically.
- Infuse your cannabis oil with different kinds of herbal cannabis edibles!
- Coconut oils can be a good lubricant when trying to make love with your partner
- For measurable dosing, you can store your coconut oils into capsules.
- You can even make your cannabis-infused tea latte.
Using coconut oils should do wonders when used in a variety of ways. Not only they have medicinal backgrounds, but they can also be consumed in a variety of ways. Let your imagination take over. Coconut oils have been the product of countless innovations to major brands to incorporate it with other cannabis by-products.
If, however, you don’t have any marijuana dispensary near you, you can just order online as there are many marijuana sellers online and make your very own inside your home. besides, making your own saves you lots of money!
Marijuana alone has tons of uses and can be consumed in a lot of ways. The additions of Cannabis coconut oil in the market should add some potential customers as it has tons of uses, that’s why it is important to know how to make cannabis coconut oil. Slowly and surely, the use of cannabis is running rampant over the years. You can’t deny it but the use of marijuana will take over the medical world in no time. However, it is essential to never overdose yourself when using marijuana, you don’t want to mess with its adverse effects.