There are tons of varieties that Marijuana is used. From cannabis weeds, plants, seeds, oils, extracts, and all sorts. One particular product that comes to mind is hashish; what is hashish? Hashish or commonly known as “hash” is a concentrated form of cannabis that is extracted from the Marijuana plant’s trichomes.
Hash has been around for centuries. In fact, Indians used hash for their own good. By mildly rubbing off two cannabis until the frictions heat up the rubbed cannabis, until the form a roll called “Charas”.
Nowadays, cannabis concentrates are made with different kinds of solvents and other methods. However, some people still have a knack for adding some spice with this old and traditional way of making cannabis concentrates. In this article, we’ll discuss what hashish is and how to make one.
What is Hashish/Hash?
Hashish or hash is a concentrated form of cannabis from the Marijuana plant’s resins. It is usually used through inhaling with the help of other products such as pipe, bong, joint, vaporizer, or even a joint. Most of the time, they are rolled over with other herbal cannabis such as tobacco, or any other types, as pure hashish doesn’t burn if they are rolled alone.
How to Make Hash
There are different types of methods that we are going to discuss how to make Hash. Here are some of the basic methods used when making Hash.
The Hand-Rolling Technique
The hand-rolling technique is one of the oldest and traditional ways of making a Hash. You only need your hands and your newly collected buds. Be sure that the buds aren’t cured or dried yet.
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to make a Hash using the Rolling Technique
- Find a clear and clean spot to work on. Tables and desks would be fine as long as they are well-cleaned and has a flat surface.
- Place your marijuana flowers on your cookie tray. Then cover the entire surface with parchment paper. Don’t worry; parchment papers are cheap.
- Before you start rolling in your marijuana flowers, be sure to clean your hands with an unscented soap if possible. Or some other soap that is gentle and doesn’t contain harmful ingredients.
- After washing your hands, dab some alcohol in your hands to ensure that it is well-cleaned. Let it dry for a minute or two.
- Get your marijuana flower and remove all the stems, leaves, and all the other unnecessary ingredients in your cannabis buds.
- Now, once your buds are good to go. Place them in between your hands and slowly roll it in, make sure that the friction of rubbing induces heat between the buds. The motion is like molding a typical toy clay.
- After how many minutes, you’ll notice that there are thick black resins coming out of the rolling from your hands. That’s about it, that’s already the hash.
- When you are done rolling all your buds and scraping all the resins and placing them on a cup or little bowl, form them together like a small clay block or a ball, sometimes let your imagination do the forming as you would normally smoke the hash after.
Hot Iron Technique
Another technique of Making a Hash is the Hot Iron technique. This type of technique will only need four major materials, Kief, Iron, Parchment paper, and a hand-towel or shirt, as long as it is clean.
- Get your flat iron and turn it on. Make sure it is on the lowest setting
- Place your parchment paper on a flat surface and lay it out. Then slowly spread out your kief on top of the parchment paper. Layer it out and make sure that it is about a thick inch,
- Fold your parchment over the top so that it covers the entire kief in between.
- Fold according to your liking. You can even fold it several times to form little packets like green-tea packets.
- Place the kief on top of the already laid-out parchment paper. Be sure that the surface is flat. You can even use a flat iron surface.
- When your kief is already placed on top of the parchment paper, place a dry towel or shirt on top of it.
- Then apply pressure onto the shirt for about 3 to 5 seconds. Don’t make it too long as you may burn the kief in the process.
- Let it rest for about 3 to 5 seconds and do it again.
- You can iron it time and time again as long as you don’t burn the kief entirely. It solely depends on the user how they like their kief to be smoked.
- If it needs more heat, then go for it, if it requires cooling, then let it cool.
- Once done, you can peel off the kief to check your cannabis concentrate.
- If it looks good for you, then let it rest for a minute or two, or let it cool off. If it needs more heating, then heat it again.
- If it is already good for your own liking, let the hash patty rest. Then you are done!
The Blender Technique
Another technique when making hash. This technique is pretty straightforward and easy to do.
Here are the following things you will need
- Freshly-harvested Marijuana buds
- Water (preferably cold)
- Cheesecloth or coffee filter
- Get your freshly harvested buds and cold water and pour it all together in the blender.
- The amount of water to be placed should cover all the marijuana buds
- Blend for around a minute or two.
- After blending, get your strain and place it on top of the glass jar. Then let the blended mixture run through the strain down to the jar.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pour off about 60% of the water above, just be careful when spilling the water not to disturb the formed kief at the bottom of the jar.
- After doing so, let the mixture get cold in the freezer. It would only take for about 10 to 15minutes.
- After the freezing, pour out the remaining liquid through a cheesecloth or meshed strainer, and that’s your finished product!
- Now form your hash according to your own liking and enjoy!
If you are an avid enthusiast of Marijuana, it is important to know what is hashish and what other products are made with Marijuana. Hashish is one good way for people to enjoy Marijuana and its added benefits. Be sure to always take it in moderation as to not overdose yourself as overdosing Marijuana has its adverse effects to show for!