Marijuana has become widely known due to its great advantages not only for recreational but also for medicinal use. This is due to its perfectly driven major composition, which is the THC and the CBD. In this article, we will focus more on its CBD inclusion.
CBD has become prevalent due to various research resulting in great benefit to the human system as marijuana has been produced in different forms, such as CBD products. This includes CBD Tincture.
In the following sections, we will help you on how to use CBD tincture. But before we even go any further, let us have a short summary of what CBD tincture is, why it is greatly used, and what it can offer to its users in terms of its benefits and disadvantages.
What is CBD tincture?
As its name suggests, A CBD tincture is a product that is non-diluted or highly concentrated CBD in the form of liquid. Unlike other tinctures, CBD tincture is made of the main ingredient of marijuana which is CBD.
Its production is by merely extracting a highly potent CBD marijuana by soaking it in a solvent such as water or alcohol for several weeks and will eventually form into a liquid.
Other producers use different types of solvent, such as glycerin, plant-based oils, or even vinegar. Yet, nothing can change the fact that most CBD tincture manufacturers still use alcohol due to its great consistency of results.
Past history, CBD tinctures are even mixed with other solvents such as carrier oils like grapeseed oil, vanilla oil, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, peppermint oil. Or even hemp seed oil. The main reason for this is for the enhancement of the taste, and most especially, it’s bioavailability.
If you have noticed, most CBD tinctures are packed in a small bottle with a dropper. Droppers function a great part in its usage as it can help the users for proper dosage.
When is it used, and what are its benefits?
As there are different forms of CBD nowadays due to its increasing demands, a lot of people misinterpret its usage. In this section, we will talk about when CBD tincture is used.
- CBD tinctures are used to relieve pain
- CBD tinctures are used to alleviate stress and anxiety
- CBD tinctures are used to induce sleep
- CBD tinctures can be placed in beverages such as water, coffee, tea, carbonated drink, chocolate drink, and other beverages
- CBD tinctures can be placed in food
- CBD tinctures can be placed on the skin to relieve spasms and other pains
Guide on How to use CBD tincture
As though that CBD tinctures include strong and highly potent CBD composition, it is important to understand how it is used to prevent any negative results. With its potency, it is recommended to use it in small doses.
But remember, before even using CBD tincture, it is preferred to consult a medical cannabis practitioner in order to ensure that you are well capacitated in taking it as CBD tinctures are not for everyone.
It can cause negative results if you are taking another medication, especially those that treat blood clots like Warfarin, beta-blockers, antihistamines, antidepressants, and antiretroviral medicines.
How much will you be taking?
Before even opening the bottle, ensure that you know your right dosage. In determining how much you will be taking, you should consider your weight and the level of pain you are experiencing if the sole purpose is to relieve the pain.
For users up to 25 lbs, the optimal dose will be 5 mg.
For users from 26 to 45 lbs, the optimal dose will be 7 mg.
For users from 46 to 85 lbs, the optimal dose will be 10 mg.
For users from 86 to 150 lbs, the optimal dose will be 15 mg.
For users from 151 to 240 lbs, the optimal dose will be 20 mg.
For users from 241 lbs and above, the optimal dose will be 25 mg.
For users up to 25 lbs, the optimal dose will be 7.5 mg.
For users from 26 to 45 lbs, the optimal dose will be 10 mg.
For users from 46 to 85 lbs, the optimal dose will be 14 mg.
For users from 86 to 150 lbs, the optimal dose will be 18 mg.
For users from 151 to 240 lbs, the optimal dose will be 25 mg.
For users from 241 lbs and above, the optimal dose will be 38 mg.
For users up to 25 lbs, the optimal dose will be 10 mg.
For users from 26 to 45 lbs, the optimal dose will be 15 mg.
For users from 46 to 85 lbs, the optimal dose will be 18 mg.
For users from 86 to 150 lbs, the optimal dose will be 22 mg.
For users from 151 to 240 lbs, the optimal dose will be 30 mg.
For users from 241 lbs and above, the optimal dose will be 45 mg.
What will be your preferred method?
There are 3 considerably main methods in using CBD tincture. The method you opt to use is solely depending on your preference. These methods are the following:
- Placement under the tongue. This method suggests placing the substance under your tongue. This method is known as the sublingual method. The placement of tincture under the tongue can immediately take effect as soon as the substance has been absorbed by various blood vessels making it faster as it can bypass the digestive system. The sublingual method is typically used when you want fast relief from depression, massive pain, and inflammation. What you only have to do is place the substance under the tongue and swallow it after 1 minute.
- Add it to your beverage or food. Another method you can use is by applying the CBD tincture as an ingredient to your food or by placing it in your beverage. Depending on your main dish or drinks at the given time, you can place the right amount of substance in your food.
- Top it on your skin. The final method in using the CBD tincture is by using it as a topical. This may not be widely known, but you can use it depending on your preference. If the pain is mainly on your face, you may have to consider factors like if you have an allergic reaction. Depending on what part of your body causes a massive pain, you can drop an amount of substance on the opted area and rub it with your hand.
Other things you may need to know
- Before even using the CBD tincture, make sure to shake the bottle well in order for the CBD composition in the bottle properly mixed for good results.
- The best method for a great and faster result is the sublingual method.
- You can use CBD tincture periodically in a day, depending on if the pain arises.
Negative effects that you should be mindful about
- CBD tincture use can cause dry mouth.
- Depending on the other mixed solvents, CBD tincture can cause diarrhea.
- In great dosage, CBD tincture can cause dizziness.
Being a popular form of CBD nowadays, CBD tinctures has considerably increased its demands. Not only that, it is handy and not noticeable, but its advantages are highly regarded and very potent. With that, having great knowledge with the right dosage depending on your weight is strictly recommended. Aside from that, knowing how to use CBD tincture can greatly impact your experience. Meanwhile, do not ever forget its negative effects, especially if you are in need of doing some important stuff on a certain day.