Too high? Even the most experienced cannabis has had that moment when they exceeded and overdid cannabis smoking and it may have lead to not so pleasant experience. Though there are no reported fatalities reported to overconsumption of weed, still it can bring about unpleasant bodily reactions that can send you to a tailspin that can lead to anxiety and paranoia.
Yes, too much consumption of cannabis brings about unpleasant bodily reactions. Consuming too much weed will have its adverse effects. The curios public would like to know how to sober up from weed? You see, cannabis can affect your body in different ways. Either you get that too Stoney, end out in a couch-lock state, or experience hallucinations, anxiety, or paranoia.
It is important to know that you cannot overdose on marijuana or weed. Overconsumption may lead to what is called as weed or “marijuana hangover”. Marijuana hangover happens when there us too much consumption of cannabis that the body can take. It can result in headaches, nausea, uncontrollable vomiting, and dry eyes and mouth.
These negative reactions are manageable and do not last long. So how to avoid unpleasant reactions from consuming weed and how to sober up from weed? Read on this article as we give you tips on how to do so.
How to sober up from weed?
The effects of cannabis or weed differ from one person to another because of our body chemistry. Since you already know that you cannot overdose from cannabis, it doesn’t mean that you don’t have to limit the intake. Let us stress out that too much intake can result in unpleasant reactions. Here are ways that can help you sober up after a cannabis high.
- Freshen up – Experiencing a headache and feeling bad a trip is not good. You may freshen up by splashing cold water on your face or apply it on your neck can ease the bad feeling. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a major component in marijuana is responsible for the high. Too much THC can affect the ability to function. It slows down the body’s reaction and perception so the best way to deal with it is to shock the senses. Splashing cold water on your face and neck will help but the best way to go sober is to get a good fresh bath. That would surely wake you up from the trance.
- Get yourself a warm cup of coffee – Of course, any major hangover is best cured by coffee. A hot cup of coffee would surely awaken your senses. This will get you sober in no time. A study conducted in 2018 revealed that drinking eight cups of coffee a day can cause a reduction in the neurotransmitters that are affected by cannabis. Drinking coffee can be a big help to sober up a person after a high.
- Ingesting some Black pepper – Yes, you got it right. Black pepper can aid in how to sober up after a high. It contains a compound called caryophyllene. This compound can relieve anxiety and lessen the risk of paranoia. You can ingest it with your food, chew it, or whatever way that you can ingest it.
- Ingest some CBD Mix – The THC as mentioned is responsible for the high in smoking cannabis. To sober up, it is best to ingest or CBD to counterpart the effects of THC in the body. CBD od Cannabidiol is a major component in cannabis that is responsible for therapeutic or medical benefits. By ingesting CBD, it balances the effects of the high so that it won’t be that strong.
- Drinks lots of water and feed your body – By drinking lots of water, you are also flushing the THC in your body’s system. Drinking water before and after consumption will keep your body hydrated. Knowing that cannabis can bring about dryness or the mouth and eyes, drinking a lot of water can ease out the negative effects of the weed. Also, you have to feed yourself to sober up. This will replace lost energy and will help get back on your feet. It will awaken your senses and calm you down. Drinking enough water and eating food will help you to focus on it. It is best to drink plain water instead of juice because some flavor may not be good, for example, mangoes contain terpenoid myrcene that can prolong the effects of THC in the body.
- Take some lemon – lemons contain limonene which can also be found in several strains of cannabis. A medical study in 2012 showed positive results that limonene can reduce the risk of anxiety or feeling like anxiety. Limonene can also promote weight loss, prevent cancer, and treat cancer. To sober up, make a lemon juice, zest a bit of peel and add some sugar. Drink up and that can make you feel better. It will wake up your senses and mellow the effects of the high like flushing it.
- Get some aspirin – Ibuprofen is a trusted brand that can tame the effects of cannabis. You can sober up by taking ibuprofen. There is no danger reported that Ibuprofen is dangerous with the effects of marijuana. This over the counter drug can be a big help on how to sober up from weed.
- Relax and take a deep breath – if you feel so high, set back, and close your eyes. Try to relax by taking a deep breath. Do not move too much. The feeling of discomfort will pass in no time so it is better to sit back. Stay comfortable in a familiar setting. If you feel a little anxious, take some deep breath, and remind yourself that you are okay. You can listen to smooth music to pacify your feelings.
As a responsible cannabis consumer, you must know how to sober up from weed. Knowing what to do will let you secure and give you peace of mind. But the best way is to know your limits so that you can prevent experiencing an unpleasant reaction from consuming weed. Take note of how much you can consume. Everything is good, for as long it is in moderation.