One of the best things about cannabis is they can be easily incorporated into your favorite treat. The best example is cannabis peanut butter. A lot of people are addicted to peanut butter, some with cannabis, or a little bit of both. Lucky for you, we’ll teach you how to make cannabis peanut butter in your own home.
Not only does cannabis peanut butter be made at home, but you can also enjoy it with your friends and family who love cannabis and peanut butter altogether. The process is quite simple and straightforward. You don’t have to have expertise in baking or cooking. All you have to do is follow or simple tips and procedure in making a cannabis peanut butter.
Before we start, you need to know the Decarboxylation process.
How To Do: Decarboxylation Process
For you to enjoy your favorite peanut butter and favorite marijuana strain, it is important to know that if you are planning to make a cannabis peanut butter, you are after the peanut butter’s taste and texture, and the cannabis’ psychoactive effect. In doing so, we need the decarboxylation process to activate the THC content of the cannabis, it is then responsible for giving you that “high” or ‘Stoney” effect,
The decarboxylation process is the process by which you activate the THCA in Marijuana through heat. When it is decarboxylated, it turns to THC which is the most compound found in marijuana plants. Think of it as smoking, when you smoke cannabis, for you to enjoy its psychoactive benefits, cannabis must be heated – thus creating the smokes which in turn get you high.
For any effects to be truly felt in your peanut butter, we should Decarboxylate your cannabis. In doing so:
Decarboxylation of Cannabis
- Pre-heat the oven at around 240 degrees Celsius. Get your preferred marijuana strain and weigh it. when making a cannabis peanut butter, you would need around 8 to 10 grams of cannabis materials.
- Grind your cannabis to bits. Make sure that they are in tiny bits of pieces. Then place them on a parchment paper and spread cannabis flowers evenly.
- When the desired temperature is reached, place them inside the oven and heat them for about 40 minutes. Stir them every 10minutes.
- Now, the heating process will activate the THC present inside the cannabis flowers and turns into THC, the main ingredient for your cannabis peanut butter. Now you are set! Prepare your decarboxylated cannabis and your peanut butter!
Homemade Cannabis Peanut Butter – Intermediate Level
This recipe may require a little bit of time. But don’t worry, everything is worthy in the end once you’ve tasted your very own homemade cannabis peanut butter.
Preparation time needed: 25 to 30 minutes
Since we’ll be making our very own peanut butter as well, take note of the following ingredients!
- 5 to 7 cups of unsalted peanuts.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Decarboxylated cannabis
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- ¼ cup of Peanut oil
- Get your blender and pour in 5 cups of unsalted peanuts, a teaspoon of salt, and honey. Grind everything until it has a smooth texture and nice consistency. With the use of the spoon, carefully dip your spoon and check for any crumbs and lumps, if there are still crumbles, blend again.
- After the blended materials are good to go, get your peanut oil and blend them again for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once you are done blending, get your decarboxylated cannabis and add it onto the mixture until your desired texture is achieved. If you want a little too crumbly, don’t over blend it. However, for me – I like it a smoother way. You can easily salivate without getting annoyed with the peanut crumbles.
- When you are done mixing all the ingredients, get your glass jar or container, and let the mixture run through the glass container. Once done, place it on the freezer.
- And you are done! Each time you want to take a dip in your homemade cannabis peanut butter, just get it in your freezer and have a little stir then taste. Enjoy!
Homemade Cannabis Peanut Butter –Beginner Level
We’ll be featuring another recipe. This time, it is for beginners and who doesn’t have the knowledge of baking but wants to make one.
This time we’re not making our very own peanut butter. What we’ll do is buy one of your desired flavors.
Preparation time needed: 15 to 20 minutes
- Store-bought peanut butter
- Decarboxylated cannabis
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Get a small bowl and pour some peanut butter onto the bowl. The measurement solely depends on you. If you want more peanut butter without getting too high, then go for it. Put your peanut butter and olive together, mix them well until the desired texture is achieved.
- Add your decarboxylated cannabis to the bowl and mix them thoroughly. We’ve mentioned this above, if you want crumbly texture, then mix it in a short time, but if you want a smoother texture, mix them until the desired texture and consistency is achieved.
- When you are done mixing, pour the mixture in a small bowl or glass jar, keep it in your freezer and let it toughen for a couple of hours. After that, it is ready to serve!
A very quick and easy recipe specially designed for beginners. always note that there are many variations when making your cannabis peanut butter, it is up to your imagination on how you make it.
Cannabis peanut butter is a good way to consume marijuana. The flavor and aroma of peanut should salivate your soul all the while getting high with your perfect dose of marijuana strain.
We have to thank the Cannabis gods for making this incredible and versatile leaf. It can be easily incorporated into other baked goods. We also have to thank the decarboxylation process for letting us enjoy cannabis and its psychoactive effects in our favorite treats!